The International Flow Battery Forum brings together the worldwide community of everyone interested in the research, development, manufacturing, commercialisation, and deployment of flow batteries. Each year since 2010, we have discussed the latest developments in technology, heard about recent flow battery projects, and presented a showcase of this exciting and crucial energy storage technology. Following last year’s successful conference in Prague, Czechia, our next conference in Glasgow, Scotland, will be the highlight of the flow battery industry in 2024.
Glasgow is a lively, busy city on the banks of the River Clyde. Once a major shipbuilding, engineering and manufacturing centre, it is now also close to the homes of flow battery manufacturing companies and suppliers. IFBF 2024 will be a face-to-face meeting held in the Hilton Hotel, Glasgow from 25 – 27 June 2024. The conference will be held alongside other industry meetings of the flow battery community, including a joint meeting with Flow Batteries Europe. The programme includes a site visit and the ever-popular conference dinner.
We now invite you to submit your proposals to take part in IFBF 2024. Please help us create an interesting and varied agenda.
Proposals can be for oral presentations, panel sessions or posters:
- Presentations are an ideal way to promote your research, products, or services. Speakers giving oral presentations must submit a paper for the conference proceedings to supplement their talk and further promote their work. We encourage other speakers to submit a paper too.
- We include panel sessions to encourage discussion between panellists and with delegates. This format is suitable for both technical and commercial topics, including reports on current projects, business cases, novel applications, and market assessments. Speakers will be introduced and the discussion led by a moderator. Panellists may also submit a paper to supplement their position and provide additional information.
- Posters allow you to showcase your research, products, or services. There will be a dedicated poster session at the conference. Before the poster session, selected poster presenters give a one minute ‘speed pitch’ to introduce their poster. After the poster session, awards will be presented to the best poster presenters. Poster presenters may also submit a paper to supplement their poster and further promote their work.
IFBF 2024 will be split into sessions and will include keynote presentations, invited talks, as well as panel discussions on industrial and commercial topics. We look forward to receiving proposals over a wide range of topics. We will be discussing flow batteries of all chemistries, for example inorganic and organic, aqueous and non-aqueous, and of all sizes.
We are particularly interested in:
- Latest developments in the science and technology of flow batteries
- Reports and case studies of flow battery projects
- Operational comparisons of flow battery installations, including financial and non-financial benefits of flow batteries
- Manufacturing, scale up, and cost reduction for flow batteries
- System integration and optimisation of the balance of plant
- Market requirements, including specific regional and national market issues
- Non-power system applications, for example maritime and transport
- Insurance, finance, support, and barriers to deployment
- Supply chain for materials, components, and subsystems
- Flow battery research programmes and results of collaborative research
- Standards for systems, compatibility, components, safety, testing and recycling
We are looking for contributions that will be of interest to all parts of the flow battery community. IFBF attendees include customers, potential purchasers of flow battery systems, financiers, developers, and policy makers. They will be interested in presentations from end users of flow battery systems describing their use, application, technical and commercial results. A preliminary programme is available on our website.
Sponsors and exhibitors are also encouraged to give a presentation, or take part in a panel session or interview. Please respond to this call for proposals and further information will follow shortly.
The deadline for submissions for is 31 January 2024. Please visit our website to submit your proposal
International Flow Battery Forum Secretary