Flow Batteries Europe (FBE) is an international, not-for-profit association aimed at accelerating decarbonisation in Europe and globally by increasing the deployment of energy storage and flexibility solutions through flow battery technology. The association was established by sixteen flow battery stakeholders on 28th April 2021.
The main objectives of Flow Batteries Europe are:
- To promote the advantages of flow battery technologies and support the European supply chain;
- To accelerate the development and deployment of the flow battery value chain and scale up the technology via EU legislation, funding and energy storage projects.
Flow Batteries Europe invites all industrial and institutional organisations interested in actively promoting flow battery technologies in Europe to join its membership.
- Industry: CellCube, InEnergy, Largo Clean Energy, Voith, W.L. Gore & Associates
- Start–up: JenaBatteries, KEMIWATT, Pinflow Energy Storage, Vanevo, Volterion
- Research: CIC energiGUNE, CENELEST, Tekniker, University of Padua, ZHAW
Association member: Vanitec
The IFBF will work with Flow Batteries Europe as they share the common objective of promoting the value and benefits of flow batteries. This includes hosting joint meetings to reduce overlaps and to minimise travel and time commitments.
For additional information please visit the Flow Batteries Europe website.