IFBF 2020: Update on health and COVID-19
15 November 2020
We have decided to transfer our conference on line. It will take place over the three days of 19th – 21st January 2021. We believe that this is in the best interests of delegates, speakers, sponsors and our staff. The conference programme allows delegates watching on-line to take frequent screen breaks. We recognise the negative impact on the planned conference venue and we hope that a face to face conference will be possible later in 2021.
30 September 2020
We are taking advice on the procedures and precautions to enable the IFBF to proceed from 19th – 20th January 2021. The conference venue is the Intercontinental Hotel and the hotel has already hosted several events this summer and autumn, following the guidance and regulations from the local and national governments.
We will hold the IFBF in a hybrid format. A physical meeting will be held in the conference venue, with sessions including key note talks, technical presentations and discussion sessions. We will live stream the event for those unable to be present in Germany.
We have made a risk assessment and planned our procedures in order to offer as safe a conference as possible. Our risk assessment and procedures will be published soon on the website. The key points will be:
- Delegate numbers will be restricted so that all attendees can be spaced for their own and others safety within the venue;
- We will ask all staff, delegates, visitors and hotel employees each day to confirm that they do not have any symptoms associated with C-19, and they have not been in contact with any one who has C-19 or shows symptoms. We will decline admission to anyone in this category;
- We will register and check in delegates in advance using web technology to minimise contact between staff and delegates;
- All delegates and visitors will provide their contact details, and times of arrival and departure will be recorded. Personal information collected will be held in accordance with the GDPR regulations;
- Disinfectant gel and wipes will be available throughout the venue.
- Face coverings will be worn within the venue except when eating or drinking in the designated areas. Exceptions will also be made for presenters and speakers talking on the lecture theatre stage;
- The conference venue will be marked with safe spaces to maintain distance and provide one-way pedestrian flow. Seats will be spaced safely. Exhibition stands and poster boards will be spaced safely;
- All delegates will be assigned to a specific numbered seat for the conference;
- Speakers will receive specific instructions regarding hygiene, microphones and presentation equipment;
- Meal and refreshment breaks will be longer to ensure delegates can remain safely spaced. Delegates may eat and drink either in the refreshment area (standing) or return to their allocated seat;
- The hotel will provide additional cleaning services to address the risks presented by C19.
If you have any questions about these procedures, please contact the IFBF office.
10 June 2020:
We are now accepting registrations for our web based IFBF Showcase. In order to minimise risks to the health, the IFBF Showcase sessions will be run remotely.
We are continuing with the arrangements for the IFBF conference to be held from 19th—21st January 2021. We will take account of local health advice and regulations for the planning and organisation of the conference.
05 May 2020:
Following conversations with committee members, sponsors and presenters of the IFBF conference we will hold an additional web based IFBF Showcase on 30th June and 1st July to present and discuss the most important issues in our industry.
10 April 2020:
Our conference planned in Düsseldorf from 30th June – 2nd July 2020 has been postponed and will now take place during the third week in January 2021. The venue is the same – the Intercontinental Hotel in Düsseldorf. We also plan to hold an interactive web based IFBF showcase on 30th June 2020 to present and discuss the most important issues in our industry. Please continue to keep 30th June 2020 clear for this event.
03 April 2020:
We have decided that it is appropriate to postpone the IFBF from 30th June – 2nd July to a new date in early 2021. We have consulted with our committee members who have shared their concerns about travel, even if restrictions are lifted promptly. We are working with the conference venue to confirm the date. We will hold an interactive web based IFBF® Showcase on 30th June 2020 to present and discuss the most important issues in our industry. Please continue to keep 30th June 2020 clear for this event.
25 March 2020:
Please continue to keep the dates of 30 June onwards clear for the IFBF. If it is not possible to hold the event in Dusseldorf we are examining the use of web conference and virtual meetings as part of the replacement plan, as well as alternatives to postpone the main meeting. Thank you for many messages of support and encouragement.
We expect to make further announcements by 31 March 2020. In the meantime, we request that presenters proceed to complete their papers and presentations for the conference.
Our team is still working from our remote locations. Please contact us if you would like further information.
17 March 2020:
- We are continuing with our planning to hold IFBF 2020 in Dusseldorf from 30 June to 2 July. We continue to assess the latest information from governments and health authorities and we will review the situation regularly. Our sponsors are keen to proceed and we have a full programme of presentations, discussions and oral and poster presentations on the latest developments in the industry.
- Speakers will be notified about their inclusion in the conference programme and they should prepare their papers for publication in line with our guidelines, so that these are ready for publication on 30 June.
- We recommend that all speakers, presenters and delegates make flexible arrangements for travel as we understand that there is considerable uncertainty about restrictions on travel.
- If it is necessary to make any changes to the date or venue we will publish information on our website and through our email distribution lists.
- Our team is still working, and please contact us if you would like further information