IFBF 2020: Update on health and COVID-19
10 April 2020:
Our conference planned in Düsseldorf from 30th June – 2nd July 2020 has been postponed and will now take place during the third week in January 2021. The venue is the same – the Intercontinental Hotel in Düsseldorf. We also plan to hold an interactive web based IFBF showcase on 30th June 2020 to present and discuss the most important issues in our industry. Please continue to keep 30th June 2020 clear for this event.
03 April 2020:
We have decided that it is appropriate to postpone the IFBF from 30th June – 2nd July to a new date in early 2021. We have consulted with our committee members who have shared their concerns about travel, even if restrictions are lifted promptly. We are working with the conference venue to confirm the date. We will hold an interactive web based IFBF® Showcase on 30th June 2020 to present and discuss the most important issues in our industry. Please continue to keep 30th June 2020 clear for this event.
25 March 2020:
Please continue to keep the dates of 30 June onwards clear for the IFBF. If it is not possible to hold the event in Dusseldorf we are examining the use of web conference and virtual meetings as part of the replacement plan, as well as alternatives to postpone the main meeting. Thank you for many messages of support and encouragement.
We expect to make further announcements by 31 March 2020. In the meantime, we request that presenters proceed to complete their papers and presentations for the conference.
Our team is still working from our remote locations. Please contact us if you would like further information.
17 March 2020:
- We are continuing with our planning to hold IFBF 2020 in Dusseldorf from 30 June to 2 July. We continue to assess the latest information from governments and health authorities and we will review the situation regularly. Our sponsors are keen to proceed and we have a full programme of presentations, discussions and oral and poster presentations on the latest developments in the industry.
- Speakers will be notified about their inclusion in the conference programme and they should prepare their papers for publication in line with our guidelines, so that these are ready for publication on 30 June.
- We recommend that all speakers, presenters and delegates make flexible arrangements for travel as we understand that there is considerable uncertainty about restrictions on travel.
- If it is necessary to make any changes to the date or venue we will publish information on our website and through our email distribution lists.
- Our team is still working, and please contact us if you would like further information